Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Spiritual Maturity and Adolescent Humanity

Prompted by the relentless arrival of new snow and my good friend Dawn Wolf I eagerly decided to put finger to the keyboard and try to find some meaning to the onslaught of wintry weather that is besieging us.
My spiritual mentor a Reverend whom wishes to remain anonymous stated that we were in the throngs of a major spiritual cleansing activity. Trying to make sense of it all I appealed to my own God presence or one particular angel to try and bring sanity to the perception of madness I was experiencing.
We on the east coast, some parts of the mid-west and even as far as Arizona I'm told were experiencing unusual amounts of precipitation. Was it the last days or the last wash?
For snow represents purity, in its essence its has a crystalline design that is quite spiritual and is a reflection of the divine DNA that are the building blocks of the human form.
Could we be experiencing a reawakening of gifts, perceptions and ideas of a lost age? Could we have been forced to slow down and re-prioritize what things we value?
I think back to my own adolescent and I compare it to the development of 21st century man.
Full of promise, stubborn, restless,risk taking, creative, sense oriented but yearning for some spiritual magic that was often just beyond my grasp or my ability to understand and grasp it.

I submit that this is where humanity is now. We have come to this stage of the human embodiment with so much promise and gifts; yet look what we have done to our planet in the name of technological advancement. We have explored space but have only begun to really understand the human mind nonetheless the human heart.
I teach a group of adolescents at a charter school and I had the privilege of assisting a class of high risk young adolescents and adults with my spiritual brother Dawn Wolf. I noticed that both groups are the typical angry and cynical young brothers and sisters. Yet within them still remains the light of incredible promise.
They are angry because in all of our technological gains we have failed to teach them how to love, how to cultivate wisdom as much as intellect, how to value self control as much as power; so they do the the one thing they know how.
They flex the muscles of the adolescent panther or wolf who at every opportunity seeks to devour its pack leaders.
Our task is one of great response ability. First we must do our own housecleaning, we must call on powers seen and unseen to assist us in this wondrous journey we call life. We must turn inward but remember that unless we can take all the meditation, all the prayers, all the chanting, all the wisdom circles and all the psychological evaluation and bring it into a higher expression of God momentum we will miss a wonderful opportunity to cleanse the karmic debt of community, regional , national and international past wrongs.
We will have missed the opportunity to become mature spiritual parents and not just Adolescent humanity.

2 comments:

  1. This is brilliant, Atiba. Love, not intellectual detachment, would reveal this to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right on point my brother! This we know, God is Love and resides in every iota of creation. May your words encourage more of us to wake up, Love and co-create through the power of that Love. I AM Emilio

    ReplyDelete